1. This part of the Supreme Court Home Page contains selected Supreme Court Decisions or Orders delivered from the period January 1, 2000 through the most recent times. The selections include criminal law cases on human rights and due process, private law areas comprising of international transactions cases, business law cases on foreign capital investment and business activities in Korea, tort law cases, and other cases, which share interests on global legal issues and embody clear and distinctive legal reasoning deserving to be introduced to a global legal community despite certain aspects peculiar only to the Korean legal system.
2. Each Decision or Order contains Date, Number, and Title of the Case, Main issues, Summary of Decision, Reference Provisions, Reference Cases and their dates of entries in the Collection of Supreme Court Decisions or Supreme Court Decisions Report, Parties to the lawsuit, Date and Number of the Case from the Court of First or Second Instance, Disposition, and Reasoning as provided by the Collection of Supreme Court Decisions or Supreme Court Decisions Report. Main issues, Summary of Decision, Reference Provisions, Reference Cases, and underlines in sections of Reasoning are not part of the original text from the Supreme Court.
3. In the Case Number of "2000Da88", the number "2000" indicates the year in which the appeal was made (or in case of "Gadan" or Gahap" the lawsuit was filed, "Da" refers to the procedural classification, and "88" is a serial number of each case. For example: "Da" refers to an appellate case to the Supreme Court in the civil procedure; "Na", an appellate case to the Court of Second Instance in the civil procedure; "Gadan", a case to the Single Judge Division of the Court of First Instance in the civil procedure; "Gahap", a case to the 3 Judge Panel Division of the Court of First Instance in the civil procedure; "Do", "No", "Godan", "Gohap", respectively in the criminal procedure.
4. In the part of the citation that reads "Gong2000Sang, 461" in the Reference Cases, "Gong" refers to the Supreme Court Reports, "2002" indicates the year of its publication, "Sang" means Volume Ⅰ ("Ha" means Volume Ⅱ), and 461 is the page number. Another example: in Hungong3, 255, Hungong refers to the Constitutional Court Reports, 3 means Volume No. 3, and 255 is the page number.
5. In theses pages, Decisions or Orders, after being assigned to the Private Law Section (Civil Law, Family Law), Administrative Law Section (Patent Law, Administrative Law and Tax Law) or Criminal Law Section (Criminal Law, Juvenile Delinquents), are entered into each section in the order of a case date or a serial number in the group of cases delivered on the same date.
6. Identities of persons, companies of their employment, their addresses and registration numbers of their vehicles are disguised under the statuses and numbers such as plaintiff, plaintiff 1, defendant, defendant 1, person, person 1, non-party, non-party A and so on, where the privacy of persons related to cases needs protection.