■ What is a trial by videoconference?
○ Parties, witnesses, expert witnesses do not have to appear in a courtroom. They can participate in a trial using equipment for videoconference.
○ Deciding to hold a trial by videoconference
- The bench decides to hold certain trials via videoconference after considering all circumstances including its necessity and conditions that meet trials by videoconference based on the appropriate law.
○ Log in by the court
- Judges of the court log in and enter the trial with using their own court account.
○ Log in by parties and lawyers
- Parties and lawyers log in and enter the trial with using the Internet link provided by the court.
- Convenience is much more enhanced compared to using complex passwords of the past.
■ Expected outcome
○ Increase convenience for the court
- Trials by videoconference allow the court to proceed with trials without any spatial restriction.
○ Contribution to more dedicated trial
-Sufficient time is secured for a trial and the rate of participation in a trial by witnesses and expert witnesses is increased.
■ Future outlook
○ By actively adopting the information and communication technology in trials in the era of the fourth industrial revolution, the court will minimize inconveniences and strive to increase people’s trust in justice.