|TITLE||[05_04_21] Supreme Court Public Hearing on Intrusion upon Habitation|
|ATTACHMENT||Supreme Court Public Hearing on Intrusion upon Habitation.docx|
Can a third person be punished for intrusion upon habitation by living in a married couple’s house for the purpose of extramarital affair?
● The Supreme Court decided to hold an en banc public hearing with the Chief Justice and all Justices present for cases 2020Do12630 on Intrusion upon Habitation (Justice in charge: Justice AHN Chul-sang) and 2020Do6085 on Violation of the Punishment of Violence, etc. Act (joint intrusion upon habitation / Justice in charge: Justice MIN You-sook) at 14:00 on Wednesday, June 16, 2021 at the Grand Chamber.
● This is the ninth public hearing since the inauguration of Chief Justice KIM Myeongsu.
● Exchanges of heated arguments are expected at the public hearing in the Grand Chamber.
● In order to obtain extensive opinions, the Presiding Justice (Chief Justice KIM Myeongsu) had sent requests for submission of opinions on the disputed issues of the cases to the Korean Women Lawyers Association and various other organizations pursuant to Article 161 (2) of the Regulation on Criminal Procedure and Article 4 (2)-1 of the Regulations on Pleading at the Supreme Court.
● The Supreme Court will open the entire process including questions and answers between the trial panel, prosecutors, legal representatives and reference persons.
● After the hearing, the trial panel will deliver the sentences within 2-4 months following final discussion of all Justices. The exact date is to be announced.
● Summary of main issues
● Duration (expected)
● Audience attendance
● Live Broadcast
|Prev||[05_17_21] Implementation of measures to guarantee the right to trial in realistic ways amid disastrous situations such as COVID-19|
|Next||[05_03_21] Appointment of 89 Law School Graduates as Research Judges|