▣ The Supreme Court will hold a trial by video link on Thursday, December 2, 2021 for the first time.
● An era of conducting hearings and trials by video link has fully begun with the amendments of Civil Procedure Act and Criminal Procedure Act on November 18, 2021.
● Trials by video link have been widely held by courts of all levels.
● The Supreme Court will hold a trial by video link on Thursday, December 2, 2021 for the first time following the amended Acts.
▣ A proceeding to be conducted: a detention hearing for defendant
● This is the proceeding that the court informs a defendant of the gist of the facts constituting the offense, of the grounds for detention, and of the fact that he/she may select a defense counsel, and gives the defendant an opportunity to defend himself/herself through a video or other transmission system, in accordance with Article 72-2, Paragraph 2 of the amended Criminal Procedure Act.
● This proceeding will be conducted by connecting the courtroom of the Supreme Court and the Chuncheon Prison with the transmission system installed in the prison.
▣ A summary of the case to be heard (Justice in charge: Justice Lee Dong-won)
● Date and time: Thursday, December 2, 2021 at 4 pm
● Venue: Courtroom 1 of the Supreme Court
● Case number: 2021Do----- Fraud, etc.
● Currently, the defendant has been detained for other case, but the detention warrant issued for the case will be expired on December 9, 2021.
● Accordingly, the Court will decide whether there is a reasonable ground for a detention warrant to be newly issued for this case, by conducing the detention hearing via video link.